[at-l] Springer sign-ebay

The E-bay posting says that the sign was replaced with a larger one.  I
found a shot of a larger sign with similar wording (but including elevation)
which makes me think that bothe were/are place on the summit.

http://www.shealy.org/rex/images/springer.jpg

Looks to me like this sign above may well be the replacement for the one on
e-bay.  The photo aboave was from the early 1990s, I think.  Does anyone
recognize the sign above?

Not sure why I am so curious about this, but I am.  My only question is if
the signs are from the summit proper, or on a Trail leading up to the
summit.