[at-l] pittsburgh 02/18/02 1045am

i am just passed foxville road (route 77).  41 degrees, sunny.  just south of the road is a flat outcrop area wih a view.  this is where i am sitting...

the last few tenths have been through a rural residential area, with private property signs on both sides of the trail.  houses back right up to the trail, and the last little bit of trail is down someones driveway...

this section of trail today is quite a rollercoaster.  from route 491 it is up to buzzard knob, then down to warner gap, then up steep/moderate/steep/moderate, leveling off here at foxville road.  the trail descends here, then apparently climbs steeply again before descending to wolfsville road.  that is my destination.  from there i'll hitch into smithsburg and hopefully find room in the b&b...

my legs are a bit wobbly, and hauling this large body of mine doesn't help, plus my pack is too heavy.  oh the trials and tribulations of starting a hike!!!

but, it don't get any better than this...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.