[at-l] springer sign-ebay

Henry & Carla Lafleur wrote:

> Ready brought to my attention the Springer sign for sale on ebay tha twill
> be sold today.I am saddened by the thought that it will not be placed in the
> AT MUSEUM for all to enjoy.I am tryign to hook onto  ebay so i can contact
> the seller via email to ask him ot consider it for a donation to the
> Museum..but I am having great problems getting a password to connect to ebay
> myself..I will try more to obtain this in the next few mintues here but do
> not want to waste any more time as this is crucial i feel.Hopefully someone
> else may be able to contact him in the meanwhile.I cant believe a REAL trail
> sign on ebay when it should be in the Museum..what an opporunity that we
> cant let go by.mother hen

	I've tried e-mailing the seller, asking essentially where they got the
sign, but haven't received a response. I'd be willing to assist in an
attempt to purchase the item, but as you say, time is short (just under
14 hours).

	Current price is $251, 'Buy Now' price is $500 (that means someone
could skip all the bidding and just buy the sign outright). The Reserve
is not yet met (which means the seller wants more than the current bid
and won't sell at this amount, but started the bidding lower to
stimulate interest).

	What do folks think? Is this worth going after, or is $250+ too much
for an old sign?

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com