[at-l] planning for may

Orange Bug wrote:

> Your list dovetails with an earlier question if one could resupply at
> grocery stores.
>
> The key thing (in my mind, at least) to have in mail drops are items
> not available locally. I'd look at your list of batteries, noodles and
> such and wonder why you wouldn't see those at even a Quicky Mart sort
> of store. At the top of your list, socks are about the only item that
> sounds possibly difficult.
>
> Why waste time and postage on other stuff?

The maildrop is for Fontana Dam, which according to my old
guide doesn't have good resupply opportunities.  Is that not
true?  It's right before the Smokies so I thought it might
be good to send myself even something as prosaic as noodles.
If I can't find foodstuffs I want, it'll be a while before
my next opportunity.

Batteries in uncommon sizes are hard to find, IME.  Photon
light size is what I'll be sending myself.

And some of the other items I'll only be able to buy in quantity.
Hence mailing myself a trash bag.  :)  Not something I've
ever done before, I must say.

But back to the first point:  Is there good resupply at Fontana?
If so I could skip most of the food items, and some of the others.

-amy