[at-l] backpack recommendations

Hi all.. since I got so much good info on bras, I thought I'd try to
juice you all for some info on backpacks.  The big thing I was looking
for was the U-zip on the front, or something similar.  I hate having
to dig everything out of my pack whenever I need something. (maybe I
just need practice packing my bag...)  So that was one thing I was
looking for.  I guess other than that I wanted something fairly cheap
since I don't have much of a cash flow.  (light weight is always a
bonus too).
I know comfort is a very personal thing when it comes to backpacks,
but I thought maybe I could get some ideas of bags to try out...

Thanks!
Steph