Re[4]: [at-l] women's issues AND ROCKS AND CHICKENFOOD

"...THERE'RE PILES OF SMALLER ROCKS, PILED ONE ATOP ANOTHER, AND NOT NATURAL BUT
(WO)MAN-MADE.    IS THAT A AT-RENOUNED ACTIVITY?  DOES IT HAVE A  NAME?  IS IT
SYMBOLIC?" asks off line.

   They are made by man -- or woman. And are of considerable spiritual
   significance, especially during a whiteout above timberline.

   I'm a spiritual, rather than a religious person. Often when caught in a heavy
   snow I can be heard muttering, "thank God. There's the trail."

    They are called cairns, and are used to mark the trail in places where there
    are no trees on which to paint blazes.

     Weary