[at-l] Supplements--Am I crazy?

This is the problem I have with those bringing pets on hikes. You have
some clue what you are getting yourself and your dogs into. Your dogs
do not. Your dogs are bonded with you and will walk themselves to
disease or death to be with you - their owner/master. They cannot "own"
or "share" a hike for it to be "our" hike.

Much of our sport is selfish and thoughtless of others - for good and
bad reasons. A few years back, we had a hiker planning on taking her
cat with her, beginning a SOBO. She absolutely knew her cat wouldn't
dream of wandering and would be a great trail kitty. Within days the
cat was lost with pleas to help look out for the cat in the 100 mile
wilderness. Euthanasia would have been kinder to the cat and owner
prior to that hike.

Think through the ethics of bringing a pet, particularly if you have
personified your pet. They are only dogs and depend on their owners to
make competent decisions for them.

Bill...