[at-l] Dogs on the trail (was Supplements--Am I crazy?)

At 10:08 PM 2/15/02 -0500, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
>Now tell me one reason why it's OK, to take a dog on a thru-hike?

1) For a woman hiker, a properly trained dog may give an added element of
security.  2) For either gender on a trail that isn't heavily travelled
(meaning not the AT) they are good companions.  They never argue with you
and taking the dog's well being into account can get you to slow down (thus
not beating your own body to a pulp with unreasonable schedules)  3) Bill
Erwin wouldn't have been able to hike the AT at all without his dog Orient.

I don't take my dogs hiking but I won't condemn others for choosing to do so.

sAunTerer