[at-l] Note to Shane re: your friend

Shane,

If your friend is in Louisiana, I'd recommend that he consider joining the
Louisiana Hiking Club. Lots of New Orleans folks come up to Baton Rouge for
the montly meeting, so he could carpool if he didn't want to drive. We have
all age groups, and all types of hikers, from occasional day hikers to
weekenders to several thru-hikers, one of which ("Louisiana Bear") just
finished his northbound hike this past September. And we're all willing to
give our advice! Also, there is always someone leading a trip, whether it's
a day hike in Louisiana, a weekend hike in La/Miss, or a week-long hike in
Arkansas, Texas, or even on the AT. We would love to have him join us on
some of these. We also have quite a "pool" of gear ready to be lent out, so
he could borrow some of the club's stuff before deciding on the specific
gear he wants.

Just a thought. Please e-mail me if you're interested, or visit the club's
web page at http://www.geocities.com/louisianahikingclub/.

Nina

P.S. We're going to be featured in an upcoming issue of Backpacker Magazine!
:) I'll keep everyone updated!