Bear bagging question was Re: [at-l] How to help a newbie?

My brother does that (tieing the rope around a rock/rocks) and it seems to
take forever to hit the branch that way.  I carry a Leatherman as my knife
and open that, loop the rope through, close it and toss it right over the
branch first time every time.  He also does the balanced bags thing which
likewise I find very inefficient.  I do the western Grizzly method hanging
the bag on the line between two branches.  There's a thread to tangent on -
what do folks do and which is best?

Inquiring minds....

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/15/02 10:51:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lwbooher@halifax.com writes:

> I wish I'd known how to hang a bear bag before I started.  It took me years
> to learn how.  Now, I have a little bag with a barrel lock that I've made
> that attaches to the end of my rope and holds the rocks.  That's a huge
> help
> in getting the rope over the tree limb.  anklebear

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---