[at-l] beans for breakfast

On 15 Feb 2002 at 11:13, Mark Hudson wrote:

> I hate to retaliate (Hell, I love it!) To whoever posted the beans for
> breakfast, take this...!!!
>
>            Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong,
>            Under the shade of a coolibah tree,
>            And he sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled
>            "Who'll come a-waltzing, Matilda, with me?"
>
>            Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda
>            Who'll come a-waltzing, Matilda, with me
>            And he sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled,
>            "Who'll come a-waltzing, Matilda, with me?

Then there's Bill Bryson's verse (page 135 of the
paperback edition of "In A Sunburned Country"):

"Forgetting that spoons stir hot liquids much better
The swagman immersed his tool in his tea
And he sighed as he spied his old willy boiling
Now I can't bugger you, so will you bugger me?"

rafe b.
aka terrapin