[at-l] RE: Hiking Songs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane Steinkamp" <shane@theplacewithnoname.com>

> We sang Big Rock Candy Mountain about three million times

I've always adored that song.  Lyrically it's as satisfyingly complex as a
Cole Porter lyric.  First class tune.  I was delighted that the Coen
Brothers put it in "Oh, Brother..."

My hiking songs turned out to be John Prine's  "The Accident", "Illegal
Smile and "Hello In There"; Willie Nelson's "Crazy"; T. O'Brien's "Walk The
Way The Wind Blows"; Meredith Wilson's "76 Trombones"; Bob Dylan's "Sweet
Sir Galahad"; Dinah Washington's version of "What A Difference A Day
Makes"; and the theme to "Green Acres."

Music Balls