Re[2]: [at-l] RE: Hiking Songs

One advantage younger hikers have is that their songs have such silly words, or
are sung in ways that no one can really hear the words, so the words don't stick
in your minds to molest you on a thru hike. (I hope)

In 1993 a totally silly song about "I'm going to buy myself a paper doll that I
can call my own that other hikers can not steal" ... or something vaguely like
that. Please don't refresh my mind. I've been trying to forget the words and the
tune since about 1943.

The good songs:

 Dinah Washington's "What a difference a day makes" (after three
days of steady rain and the sun finally breaks out)

September Song: "... as the days linger on, to a precious few --- September ...
november..." Stan Kenton's version was a perfect complement to a thru hike as
winter approached.

Autumn in New York, Sarah Vaugan's "April in Paris", Moonlight in Vermont ....

Weary