[at-l] Hiking Songs

This was one of our favorite pastimes around the middle of my hike... I was
hiking with a couple different groups on and off, and we'd get up in the
morning and try to stick a bad song into everyone else's head... then hike
off on our merry way.  Later when they caught up, they'd be cursing you up
and down.  All day with row, row, row your boat, or something similar was a
BAAAAD thing :-)  It's amazing how impressionable our minds are.

On the other hand, one I liked, and we sung a lot, one was Janis Joplin's
rendition of Mercedes Benz.  The funniest part was that Peacepipe was in
her 20's and although she knew the words, she had no idea what "dialing for
dollars" was.

The worst for me was probably hiking into Hot Springs.  It was coming up to
Easter, and for some reason I got the (catholic) prayer refrain "Christ has
died, Christ has risen, Christ our Lord will come again" into my head.  Of
course we usually sing it in church, but it went on over and over and
over... matching my footsteps.  I kept a good pace but never wanted to
think about it again!

Twilight