[at-l] women hikers list?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mara Factor" <m_factor@hotmail.com>
To: <foshione@dteenergy.com>; <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Cc: <shane@theplacewithnoname.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] women hikers list?

SNIP
>  For one thing, who's to say that some guy
> won't have something to offer to those discussions.  If nothing else,
maybe
> he's helped his (off-list) wife or girlfriend deal with some of these
> problems.
SNIP

~~~~
I've stayed out of this thread, for (I suspect) the obvious reason of
cowardness.

However, I think that in addition to Mara's point (above) about what men
might offer, the women on the list might offer a good deal more to the men
which in turn would help his (off-list) wife or girlfriend deal with some of
these problems.  Additionally, open discussion here might give men some
insight to help understand and accommodate the women on the list, and in his
life (off list).

That said however, I am sure that there or some men who would rather not see
these discussions on this list.  Maybe more importantly, I am sure that
there are some women who would not be willing to ask the questions / have an
open dialogue in mixed company -- yes even in this day.  So, the idea of a
women-only list doesn't bother me.  Albeit I wish there was someway that the
need for / reaction to such a list didn't exist.

If such a list helps someone, who would not have been helped here (for
whatever reason), great.

Chainsaw