:-) RE: [at-l] Arresting people in the backcountry (was Hammocks and the Whites)

L Parker wrote:
| I don't suppose you noticed the small article this week about the man whose
| pet Python killed him? It took six firemen/pararescue to unwind the snake.
| The man was quite dead by the time they got it off of him - due to
| asphyxiation.

The trick is to start at the tip of the tail.  It's the weakest part of the snake and,
with some effort and persistence you can uncoil a constrictor.
I wouldn't advise testing the technique on an Anaconda though.
Seriously, though, I've been squeezed by pythons, and boa constrictors.  Even the
small ones can take your breath away.  The big ones are quite scary if they suddenly
decide to give you a hug.  The technique only works if you are using it on someone
else.  It's nearly impossible to do on your own because you can't reach out far enough
to uncoil the snake.

-r