[at-l] Goings on in Irwin

Lots of good comments about the town of Erwin.  I had the pleasure of staying
there during a short section hike in Jan.  People were friendly, Miss Janet
was great.  The Holiday Inn was a swell place.  Didn't go to Uncle Johnny's,
so can't comment about that.
PA (MA & PA 99) wrote about a church thinking of having a hiker pot luck
night.  Makes me think about if it was the Unaka Springs F. W. B.  church
that is just at the North end of the bridge across the Nolichucky, a short
stroll from Uncle Johnny's.  I stopped there Sunday morning on my last day of
hiking.  Great southern gospel singing & a warm, friendly congregation.  I
would highly recommend any hikers in Erwin on Sunday or Wednesday (eve.) to
stop & worship there.  When you walk out the church door, just walk across
the street and you are back on the trail!  Or walk back to Uncle's place
across the river.

Dave Kane

multipart/alternative
  text/html