[at-l] my two cents

need to add my two cents (meaning i speak only for
myself and my experiences):

the woman hiker list: maybe it's not all about
menstration and a less flamed, smaller email forum?

overall, women, to a larger degree then men, are not
encouraged to be "selfish" and take care of
themselves, no one else, by going to the woods for
months at a time.

overall, women, to a larger degree then men, are not
encouraged to scale mountains, be really really dirty
and smelly, push their bodies past all limits, face
and protect themselves from the elements/danger of any
kind, etc.

seems to me, it is hard to process societal restraints
and societal opression.  no matter what
gender/race/sexuality/socio-economic
status/nationality/geographic loc category you fall
into, you've been descriminated against at some point.
 whether that descrimination has been on occasion or
life-long, coming together in a group to discuss or
not discuss this, to show support of eachother (just
show eachother we're out there) can be a really
helpful tool to understanding/dealing with your
identity.  maybe that's what the women's list is
about.  or maybe it's just about
friendliness/friendship with people of similar
interests and some similar female life experiences.
or maybe it's all about blood and boobs and less email
per day.

let women do what they need to do to get out on that
trail.

HYOH cause YMMV