[at-l] Dictionaries---

>Cap - as in "Hey Cap. I bet I can tell you where you got your shoes!"<

The proper response to this question is, "On the ground," or, "On the
street."  Sometimes, there's money riding on this, as in, "I'll bet you a
dollar I can tell where you got your shoes."

>baya - bayou (Don't ask me to define bayou.  I can show you fifty that
are nothing alike.  You can ask any native.  They won't be able to tell
you either.  Most will answer, "A big ditch.")<

When we lived in the Mississippi Delta, which is riddled with bayous, the
definition of bayou had to do with a narrow body of water with no
discernible source and which didn't flow out into another body of water,
like into a river.  They really don't have any flow pattern, although I have
seen them dammed up to make a small lake.  Mostly, they just start and stop
and hold water.

anklebear

---