[at-l] Authority in the Whites

Rafe,

I hadn't read my post when I read yours.  I would have done the same thing
you did.

Its important to respect authority, even if they may be wrong.  Most of the
time.  Most of the time we are all on the same page when it comes to the
really important stuff.

I'm not so sure how cooperative I would have been had I experienced the
ranger who  "asked" my wife and everyone else coming off the Trail to open
thier packs and show the trash they were packing out.  On a good day I might
have explained whay that was not right for a person in uniform to make that
request.  Or how there are some principles that are even more important than
LNT.  On a bad day, I could reall have had some "fun" with that.  Or not.

Rick B