:-) RE: [at-l] Bear question...

GMTA
Rumors of cherokee bloodlines persist in my family.
And I've been thinking along these lines for my teenagers to keep them out of trouble . . . of course it would take not a night, but about two years in a barrel with a large rock on top . . . ;-)

William Neal <nealb@midlandstech.com> wrote:
> Several years back (late 80s or early 90s) there was an article in either
the CHARLOTTE OBSERVER or THE STATE paper that stated a party of "tourists"
were being lead on a long weekend through the Smokies.  Their guide was a
Cherokee that had been doing such trips for a long time.  Late one night one
of the "tenderfeet" came hurrying to his tent and woke him up.  Apparently a
bear was rummaging through their food.  The guide came out and saw the bear.
Then he took a drum and sat it down on the bear.  He had the tourist get a
large rock, and he put it on top of the drum.  Then he went back to sleep.
The next morning he let the bear out and it took off running.

I think I'd rather bag!
William, The "I'm not Crocidile Dundee" Turtle