econ 101..... Re: [at-l] Flare Waste

At 07:39 PM 2/11/02 -0500, Bob C. wrote:
>    Given that this is a public asset, why should we be concerned with private
>    concerns for immediate profits vs. long term public profits.

If a second pipeline for gas is not economically feasible for the private
sector, why should the tax payer suck up the loss?  I might have missed
it, but I don't remember seeing figures as to the amount of gas burned up
as waste?  I'm not willing to either compell the private sector or pay via
tax dollars to save 10 dollars of gas if it costs 15 dollars to do so.