[at-l] Lekis And Trail Erosion (Sly)

In a message dated 2/11/02 10:30:35 AM, kahley7@ptd.net writes:

<< For most people,
for most of the time, lekis are not necessary, just convenient. >>

I cannot hike without hiking poles.  Without the poles my knees become so
painful that I cannot walk for several days after a hike.  Several years ago,
before I knew about Leki's, I used regular ski poles to allow me to continue
hiking.  My wife purchased Lekis for me as a birthday gift about 8 years ago.
 I have been able to continue hiking with only minor pain since that time.
They are not simply a convenience for me.  I've tried hiking with just one
pole and it does not take enough weight off of my legs to prevent the knee
pain.  I'm not about to give them up.

                                        Art