Re[5]: [at-l] Hammocks and the Whites

"... You are correct, I'm sure, that the AMC is merely an enforcement arm for
the USFS." says Terrapin

Being a simple person, I've always assumed that the Forest Service was the
enforcement arm of the AMC. But frankly, these kinds of discussions never
particularly excited me. The Forest Service owns the property. Under our system
of government politicians and lobbying groups influence what happens on the
Forest Service (our) property.

AMC is one of the lobbyists -- for sure -- along with the industry lobbyists,
the ski area lobbyists, second home development lobbyist, snowmobile lobbyists,
ATV Lobbyists ....

Somehow, I feel happy that the AMC is there. YMMV.

Weary