[at-l] Lyme disease question.

I personally know of a half dozen thru-hikers who got Lyme disease this
past year; I also have a friend who works for the N.C. Division of Water
quality who did not get early treatment and is siffering significant,
long term, chronic effects.  Finally, I know indirectly of a woman who
lives somewhere in the CT area who has contracted it 4 times during her
Audubon Club outings to do bird work.  It is real; it is a growing
problem, and if not caught and treated early on, it is a lifetime,
chronic ailment.  It is not something to be scared of, but it IS
something to "treat" [pardon the pun] with respect.

Hike on,

thru-thinker