[at-l] tying your laces

Joan Hobson, the grandmother who started backpacking in her mid 60's and has now done the FT three times, teaches this method in her beginning backpacking classes.  I hope you can get it from the way I explain it.

Your laces will NOT come undone, but you will be able to undo them in one pull on either loose end.  You won't have to struggle trying to undo a double knot either.

Begin by starting to tie your laces in the conventional way, so that you will end up with the two loops and two loose ends.  STOP before you pull the loops to tighten
the knot.  Take one of the loops and tuck it back under and through the circular space beneath the top cross.  Then grasp both loops and pull tight.

It takes a time or two learn how to do this and get the tightness right, but when you master it, there will be less aggrevation in your life!

If you don't understand this, I guess I can make it reason #2 to come to the next GA ruck, right behind reason #1--fruitcake.  Of course, if someone takes up a donation to cover my expenses, I can demonstrate it at any Ruck!

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com