[at-l] three cheers for Rocky

I've been on Digest lately, and just read Kahley's post, which I thought was
quite good:

> After all, I was doing
> what I was taught to do.  No one had ever suggested a different way.....
 and
> We are taught that we need lots of space indoors.
> Somehow, we need to learn new lessons

It raises the point: how do you know, unless you know?
This is the idea I was trying to express: "it (awareness) is a slow process,
and on-going." It's not about finger-pointing or guilt. How do you know
unless you know?

As individuals come to understand the interconnectedness of things - deeply,
not as a concept - society will change its awareness. So it is good to speak
up about those "oil cans in the river." But speak gently. Someone may just
not know.

But it still starts at home.

There is a story attributed to Ghandi. A woman brought her son to him and
said "Can you tell him not to eat sugar?'
Ghandi said, "Come back in a month."

A month later, the woman returned with her son. Ghandi told him that, in
essence, that excess sugar was unhelpful to the body's biochemistry.
Exasperated, the mother said "Why didn't you just tell him that last month?"

Said Ghandi: "Last month, I was eating sugar."
Ha! Now that's integrity!

Sweet-tooth Jan

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.