[at-l] Clean water, any water, where?

In the mid-Atlantic we are in an extended drought.  Over a period of =
more than 5 years the rainfall has been way below normal.  The last 1 =
1/2 years has been the coup de gras.  (Pardon my French spelling).  My =
concern is that the small streams and springs will be drying up this =
spring or summer.  Where will the hikers find water?  (Not to mention =
the forest flora and fauna.)  In SC PA, some streams and creeks are dry =
or drying up and if no snow or rain there will be no water at all by =
summer.  The deer and other critters should probably have first dibs on =
water since Mickey D's doesn't serve furry creatures (except =
Pittsburgh!).  To paraphrase a French queen, "Let them drink Coke".  =
Where will the squirrels stuff their quarters?

Any day's a good day to hike,
SLIM aka Nancy

"I do not ask to walk smooth paths, nor bear an easy load,
I pray for strength and fortitude to climb the rock-strewn road.
Give me such courage, I can scale the heartiest peaks alone,=20
And transform every stumbling block into a stepping stone."=20
---unknown

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---