Re[4]: [at-l] Lekis and global warming

"...For instance - which would damage the trail more - Leki's as currently used
with out rubber covers, or EMT's and stretchers to aid evacuations of hikers
following falls and fractures?"

  A pretty easy thing to answer, OB. People hiked without sharp pointed poles
  for decades. Very few used the devices as recently as 1993. I don't recall
  "any stretchers being used to aid the evacuation of hikers following falls and
  fractures" -- nor even many falls that caused serious injuries, right alone
  fractures.

  I once tripped and scratched my forehead while trying to impress a woman with
  my "20-year-older than her agility," but it didn't require evacuation. Just
  embarrassing questions until the scab fell off about what happened -- the
  questions themselves suggesting that damaging falls were not terribly common
  in the years prior to the Leki revolution.

  Weary