[at-l] RUCKS, TDZs, etc.

On 10 Feb 2002 at 17:00, Orange Bug wrote:

> A RUCK is a gathering of the usual suspects, usually a group of hikers
> and wannabes. The 2 somewhat formal ones are PA and GA Rucks, held
> Super Bowl weekend and MLK weekends respectively.
>
> Traildays (also known as Traildaze) is in Damascus, VA around the third
> weekend of May.
>
> Welcome. I didn't know you were a newbie.

Thanks.  Actually, I'm new to this list, but some of the folks here
are familiar to me from a brief stint on WF's list, nearly a year
ago now.

I know about Trail Daze, even been there once, but didn't
associate it with the acronym "TDZ."  And RUCK is something
quite new to me...  is it an acryonym for something??

rafe b.
aka terrapin