FW: [at-l] Bear question...

Even when bears are not a problem, mice, raccoons, skunks, etc. are a
problem. You need to bag all food every night and protect it somehow,
whether 20 ft up a tree (may be safe from bears), or from the tin can on a
string protector in the shelter (may be safe from mice). A bear will eat it
all and you will walk out hungry to the next access point. The mice will
mostly sample and make messes, including holes in your pack.