[at-l] three cheers a Cheapskate

My newest car, 1988 Subaru and my 85 Jeep CJ will both go the 3000 to 5000
miles between oil changes on less that 1/2 quart of oil. For me oil use is
kind of an indicator of reliability so I fix or get fixed. I wouldn't
hesitate to jump into the CJ and head for the west coast ( well if fuel
expense wasn't an issue for me). Suzie the Subaru will more than likely be
around for another couple hundred miles unless I run across a couple of VW
bugs to replace her with.
I'm not into conservation, just cheap. We don't use the cloths drier because
electricity is expensive in Maine, We don't use a lot of heating oil
compared to alot of folks in Maine for a couple reasons, we are comfortable
and we use K1 for heating oil which runs from about $1.65 to $2 a gallon.
But what it comes down to to me, is if folks claim to be conservationist and
don't want to see energy exploration and production expansion, well they
should be useing less than me.  Otherwise all they are saying is they don't
want it in there own back yard, where they live or where they play.