[at-l] three cheers for Rocky

Three cheers for Rocky, who may be the lowest consumer of energy on the list. No
clothes dryer, snowshoed to work, no air conditioner, no dishwasher, only 300
gallons of fuel oil a year!!!

 But Clifford Haynes touches a little too close to home with his comment about:
"... an Anti Nuc turkey we have up here in Maine, he used to run around talking
about saving the environment and all the nasty nuc pollution with his "split
wood not atoms" bumper sticker perched over his exhaust pipe which belched great
clouds of blue gray smoke."

I had to stop every 500 miles to and from the RUCK to add a quart of oil. I like
to think it's a trade off. I tend to buy ancient cars and run them into the
ground. I haven't had a "trade in" that anyone would pay money for in decades.
But altogether I must have put 500,000 miles on these clunkers.

That's at least three new cars by most people's car buying standards. Question:
Is the pollution generated by adding a bit of oil occasionally, more or less
than the pollution from building three new cars and shipping them to Maine?

Weary