[at-l] while i'm thinkin' (OT)

Josh Wilkins wrote:

> It wasn't me but Amy and I are writing our own vows and I would love to see
> a real example. If that is all right with everyone involved.
> Thanks

ahhh, why not...sorry for those who have these already...and, those who don't
want them at all:

Dearly Beloved,

“The Gathering” before us today is to witness the ducttaping together of
Sandpiper and Yakpack. The trails of life often take funny courses. We could
not be more thrilled with the fact that your ridgelines have met to form one
trail.

As you begin this thru-hike of life, you will learn a lot from one another, and
about one another. You will learn things that Databooks, Companions and
Handbooks don’t cover. You will learn that sometime the mileage is more than it
was supposed to be. You will learn that your pack weighs more than it should.
But, you will also learn how much nicer that campsite is when you’re sharing it
with your life’s hiking partner.

There will be times when a blue-blazed trail seems to lead you away from your
problems. Or, when slackpacking will take the weight from your shoulders. You
must avoid these temptations and keep your hike pure. You must treat your union
as Katahdin, and strive daily to keep it in your sites as the most important
thing in your hike of life.

(Turning to Yakpack:)

Yakpack, do you promise to shelter Sandpiper from the elements? To provide her
with the calories needed to climb life’s mountains? To be a guiding light which
she can count on when the petzl is dead? To give her direction when the maps
are wrong? To honor and cherish ‘til death do you part?

(To Sandpiper: )

Sandpiper, do you promise to always purify the drinking water? To not change
your trailname again? To never light a stove in a tent? To be comforting at the
end of the day’s hike? To love him through the stench? To be the reason he
wants to live? To honor and cherish ‘til death do you part?

By the power vested in me by Earl Shaffer, I now pronounce you Hiker and
Hikette. You may kiss  with bliss.

--
Felix Febrero
ME-->GA '98