[at-l] Pot Cozys

Well, after missing the pot cozy activity at the GA RUCK, I made one
last weekend while organizing my gear in preparation for NJ->NY'02. I
found a scrap of Ridgerest previously torn apart by my boxer pup. I
used the lid of my Grease Pot as a template to cut out a top and
bottom. I then cut a long section that wrapped around the sides the
pot, with a bit of extra room to hold the top and bottom.

I had some auto weatherstripping glue (contact cement sort of  stuff)
laying around from a VW repair event. I considered a butt joint,
consisting of glueing the edges together. I decided against that in
favor or an overlapping joint made by trimming each side to half
thickness and putting a lot more glue on a larger surface area. I
followed the glue instructions and put it around the pot and held it
together with large rubber bands for a few minutes of drying time. Then
I glued the bottom on. I haven't decided whether to Velcro the top or
how to deal with it.

Poof! I have a pot cozy!

Bill...