[at-l] oops!, goat silk, and kewl pix (semi OT)

OOPS!:
re. my comment about sandals late last night, I apologize if I offended anyone.  It
was not my intention to mock your faith and I carelessly sent that e-mail without
thinking about how it might be interpreted.

GOAT SILK:
I took the girlies out for Pizza last night and the joint we went to had the ABC
channel on.  I couldn't hear but they had sub titles on so I read.  Scientists (Dr.
Frankenstein?) have crossed arachnid genetic material (the gene that allows spiders to
produce silk) with goats.  The enhanced goats now produce milk with silk protein in
it.  They are then able to extract silk from the goat's milk.  Being five times
stronger (ounce for ounce) than steel, they are examining all sorts of applications
like super ballistic vests for law enforcement and military personnel.

Maybe if we're lucky, one of the scientists involved will make an
ultra-light-bombproof backpack for us...

You can get to the ABC News article at:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/CuttingEdge/cuttingedge020118.html

There is an article in the newest issue of Science magazine as well (which prompted
the ABC report)

KEWL PIX:

For those of you who know what webshots is, look at today's daily pix.  All 4 are
trail related.
For those of you who don't, go to www.webshots.com and click on daily.

-r