Re[2]: Other nationalities was Re: [at-l] Gear gear gear!

I travel a great deal on business.  Lots of places (sadIy even in neighboring
states) I get "What state is Delaware in?"  Everybody remember what prompted
initiation of the national geography bee program a few years back?  As I
recall, something like 70% of Kansas City high school juniors or seniors
(can't remember which) couldn't find their state on a map of the US (that's
NOT a slam on Kansas, just on kids' geography skills in general).  BTW, my
third grader knows all her states and state capitals and can find them all on
a map.

Black&blue&gold

In a message dated 02/06/02 10:48:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

> I forget now the details but at some point enroute to the trail in 93 I was
> asked, "Maine? Is that in the United States?"

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---