[at-l] Re: Food packing questions

Yikes! Uhhh, I don't know about this Joan...uhhh, marshmallows?  In fruitcake?  Before you run out gown shopping, we need to have a talk about the recipe.  This is going to be tough. It was your Dad's recipe so we might have an impasse here.  This could get dicey.  We might need two fifths of bourbon to get through this. How attached are you to the marshmallow thing?  And uhhh...uhhh...the graham crackers...uhhh... Better make that a case of bourbon.  One more thing, if we get this sorted out, I want to go with you to buy the gown to make sure it'll fit me.  Ok?

FRUITCAKE Balls

Bluetrail@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated Wed, 6 Feb 2002  2:33:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,  writes:

>fruitcake... as it's homemade and soaked in brandy or a fine Kentucky bourbon for at least three months.
////////
That's it, gals. Call off the contest. Curtis is MINE.  I make homemade fruitcake with all cherries and pineapple, no nasty citron.  All Brazil nuts.  Raisins.  The "cake" part is graham cracker crumbs held together with a concoction that is mainly melted marshmallows.  I got the receipe from my DAD.  You don't even bake it, just mush it together in the turkey roasting pan. I soak it repeatedly with PLENTY of brandy.  (Save the Wild Turkey for sipping straight.) I swear people who say they hate fruitcake come back for seconds and thirds.  A Mormon elder neighbor risked his soul every Christmas just to eat one of my mini-fruitcakes.  And it makes great trail dessert!

Going out to buy a wedding gown,
Joan
bluetrail@aol.com