[at-l] Re: Food packing questions

In a message dated Wed, 6 Feb 2002  2:33:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, <cballs@mindspring.com> writes:

>fruitcake... as it's homemade and soaked in brandy or a fine Kentucky bourbon for at least three months.
////////
That's it, gals. Call off the contest. Curtis is MINE.  I make homemade fruitcake with all cherries and pineapple, no nasty citron.  All Brazil nuts.  Raisins.  The "cake" part is graham cracker crumbs held together with a concoction that is mainly melted marshmallows.  I got the receipe from my DAD.  You don't even bake it, just mush it together in the turkey roasting pan. I soak it repeatedly with PLENTY of brandy.  (Save the Wild Turkey for sipping straight.) I swear people who say they hate fruitcake come back for seconds and thirds.  A Mormon elder neighbor risked his soul every Christmas just to eat one of my mini-fruitcakes.  And it makes great trail dessert!

Going out to buy a wedding gown,
Joan
bluetrail@aol.com