[at-l] Light weight. Does it end on the trail?

Mark Hudson wrote:

> Ya know, I look around at the double income, dream home, BMW couples in
> this area... and I have to wonder at what point you stop owning your
> possessions and they start owning you. (ie, scrambling to make the
> payments...) <g>

Yeah, I remember flabbergasting real estate agents simply because I wasn't
interested in "buying up to my potential" (=mortgaging myself up to my
eyeballs). Yes, I want a place to live--and I'd prefer a home so I can paint
the walls, plant a garder, etc.--but I also want money to live beyond the
house. I want to travel and hike and not sweat every mortgage payment. YMMV.

Give Me Chocolate