[at-l] Intro and questions about kids

All kids are individuals, my three are vastly different humans. At 7,8, &10
they've all done several three night hikes seperately with me since they were
out of diapers. When they were younger, all they'd carry was snacks and
water. I was always prepared to carry all the gear (and the kid!) out of
where ever we were. I always let them set the pace, and am always prepared to
spend all day exploring one clearing or brook. Katie, my 8 year old, is the
"real camper" out of the three. Loves getting dirty, loves maps, loves
critters of all sizes. Learned how to poop in the woods with out messing her
boots when she was just three!
Things I've learned worth passing along-
Be flexible with your schedule.
If miles are your goal, make certain it's the kid's goal too.
Don't weigh them down with heavy packs.
Be very attentive to how they're acting and feeling. Feed them before they're
hungry, make sure they drink lots.
Nothing wrong with mid day naps or swims.
They just might surprise you with how far and fast they can go!
And most importantly- Have Fun!
enjoy!
TJ

multipart/alternative