Re[2]: [at-l] Light weight. Does it end on the trail?

Henry Thoreau tried to live a "light weight" life, but even he soon acquired a
library of 900 books, "800 of which I wrote myself." (Unsold copies of his first
book, "A Week on the Concord and Merrimac Rivers.")

 I guess it depends on your needs and goals in life. I need books close at hand.
 As I look around my "den"/office/whatever, more than a wall is filled with
 books. My computer, scanner and printer take another wall.

   The records I need for my MATC responsibilities, AMC responsibilities, land
   trust responsibilities.... take several file cabinet draws. The room is in a
   house I designed and partially built myself, on a $3,000 parcel of land that
   overlooks a salt marsh and tidal bay that after decades of efforts by many
   volunteers is now clean enough to safely grow and harvest shellfish. (The lot
   was cheap 40 years ago because the tidal estuary was so polluted and stunk so
   no one wanted to live near it.)

   Yes, in every corner are piles of mostly useless stuff that I never seem to
   find time to clean out or that my wife wants to "go through" before I throw
   it out. Wives are hard to fit in a day pack, I find. YMMV.

   I like to backpack as a vacation from all this stuff. But I would miss much
   of it,  if it were not here when I return.

    Weary