[at-l] Mice break-ins (was Re: Hiker Hints for 02'ers)

I want to say you are right, but would offer this personal experience
caveat:  last summer on the AT in Virginia, my hiking buddy Mike had his
only mouse encounter [i.e., a hole eaten into his pack!!] while we were
tent camping at Dismal Falls . . . of course, that is a heavy day use
area, too - but still, that is the only time his gear got mouse damaged
on the entire AT.  If they are hungry and curious, and you have
anything inside that smells good to them, sometimes mice will eat a hole
into a tent, too . . . but not likely, especially if you hang the food,
toothpaste, chapstick, packtowels, etc.

Ya jus never know!

thru-thinker