[at-l] Hiker Hints---

> Clark Wright mentioned the Backpacker Gear Guide.  Do y'all like the new
> format?  I find it very confusing.  I may like it when I've sat down and
> studied it, but I was really shocked when I opened the magazine.
>
> What I'm talking about is that they used to list things by brand.  All the
> Vasque boots or Mountain Hardware tents were together.  Now, they're
grouped
> by size or use.  All the 3 season/2 person tents are in one group,
> regardless of brand.  All the low-quarter trail shoes are in one group.
> It'll take some ferreting out for me to find the things I'm looking for.

I really loved this new format. I'm kinda rethininking my gear set up for 03
and trying to cut weight where I can. This was a huge help compared to last
year. When say your looking at tents. I'm really not comparing tents by
company. I'm comparing tents by how many person and what seasons. Much less
page flipping and note taking in my opinion.

EVERYONE REMEMBER- gearfinder.com its like the mag but with really really
nice search ability. It has a few bugs but over all a really nice tool.

JTW