[at-l] Hiker Hints for 02'ers

Clark Wright wrote:

> p.s.  one more cheap trail tip - the pack towels are great; I bought a
> medium one and cut the bottom half off; they have a kewl little snap
> attachment at one corner; I always snapped the thing right on my pack
> chest strap, <snip>- I
> think this small item was one of my very favorite "little" items that
> made a "big" difference!

And mice love pack towels for bedding material. If you leave your pack towel
out at night, soon it is likely to resemble swiss cheese. In my lightening-up
effort, I discarded my holey towel scrap. As a substitute, I cut a bandanna in
quarters and stitched a little alligator clip to the corner of one of the
quadrants. That became my towel. Another quadrant went into my pocket as a
handkerchief. The other two will be replacements some time. I've never missed
the bigger spongy towel. YMMV.

Give Me Chocolate