[at-l] Dehydrating Apples!!

Hi Gang;
   I got a dyhydrator for Christmas.  I thought I'd (finally!) start
with trying a batch of apples.  The instructions however, are a bit
daunting, with some complicated preparation steps.  These steps involve
soaking the apple slices with various concoctions before dehydrating.
   Now the question is: is all this preparation necessar; are there some
*real easy* steps to take.  Can you get away with no preparation, just
slice and dry?  What are some of the group's experiences?
   Thanks!
Jim (NTNY) Lynch

--
James P. Lynch