[at-l] Approach trail or not?

When we did the approach in October to start the GA section, I liked it.  It
was a ba** buster (but then lots of places are) but a good warmup or "Welcome
to GA" section.  Top of Springer is great (we camped there the first night).
Great views.

Only reason I've cut it out of my retry of that section in March is I just
did it, or I'd probably do it again.

HYOH.

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/01/02 11:22:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gbryant@lcisp.com writes:

>     Sure, but this guy was REALLY strongly minded about this bit. He loves
> wandering back and forth on the AT, but he went on and on about how much he
> hated the approach (and mind you, he talked of loving some ridiculous climb
> in the Smokies he said I should go out of my way to do). I dunno, maybe it
> was a bad day for him. I'm gonna have to know ahead of time where I'm going
> to start, so I thought I'd just ask around first.
>     I liked Lamar's reply though, so I figure I'll prolly do it. Since I
> doubt I'll be doing much more then 8 miles a day the first few weeks, (I'm
> in good shape, but there's no reason to push it) it looks like my first
> night's gonna be on top of Springer. Thanks for the replies, just a bit
> over
> a month to go!

multipart/alternative
  text/html