From: "Rami" <rbenhameda@home.com>
To: <at-L@backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 6:19 PM
Subject: [at-l] HELP, I'M SO DANGED CORNFUSED! (WAY OT)

Help you guys.  I don't think my brain can handle this any more...

My 8 yr. old brought home a puzzle from her math teacher and I'm so
stumped, I can't even remember where I left my coffee cup!

I know this isn't trail related, but I really need help because if I
don't see an answer to this soon, I'll probably have to go shoot the
neighbor's cell phone or wrastle a bear or worse...

Here's the problem:

Place the numbers 1 - 9 inside the circles so that the sum will be 20
along each side.  Use each digit ONLY ONCE.
                          /     \
                       O       O
                    O              O
                  O -- O -- O -- O

I hope that makes sense.  It's a triangle with one circle at each angle
and two circles spaced evenly along each straight line for a total of
four circles along each line.  This uses three numbers (the corners) as
duplicates for two of the lines.

thanks,

-r (new star of the Kevin Costner epic drama "ciphers with toes out")