[at-l] And now for something completely different - let's talk hiking/threesquares

Black&Blue asks:
<<For all you thrus out there, is it right, appropriate, whatever to
cook hot meals three times a day as I read a number of folks seem to do or
cook as I do at the beginning and end of the day and snack as I go during
the
day?>>

I have the same answer as others... but its one more opinion.  I ate one
hot meal a day.  I never made hot breakfast - took too long for the prep,
cleanup, used too much 'stuff' to unpack/pack etc. and I could have a good
cold breakfast and munch it while walking.  I liked getting out in the dawn
light and hiking as the day grew.

Like Ready & Spur I warmed up by hiking.  I snacked through the day when I
was hungry - only once a day at the beginning of the hike, about 6 times a
day in Maine (every 1.5 hours).  And I always ate a hot supper, even on the
nights when it was 90*.  I felt full and more satisfied with a hot dinner.

Twilight