[at-l] Why hiking?

To make a long story short, fell in love with hiking
on my first hike ever of a mountain: Lafayette in
Franconia Ridge.

The love lay dormant for ten years, started
backpacking six years ago, became lost on my first
trip and carried too much weight (had a great time
anyway!). Two years later hiked the AT. Six years
after that first backpacking trip, ready to quit
another job to go hiking.

Yeah..this reply was more than ten words. But fixed
word essays conjure up visions of my High School
English class. Not a good thing....

=====